The group tour “Fairytale-East” in Urgench (Khiva) – Bukhara – Gizhduvan – Yurt camp in the Kyzyl-Kum desert – Samarkand
The combined tourist group takes off flight 965 of S7 Moscow-Urgench at 22:05 from Domodedovo airport, on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The city museum “in the open air” is located on the territory of the Kyzyl-Kum desert near the Amudarya river. One of the legends about the origin of the city ascribes the foundation of Sima, the son of Noah, who created it from a sand dune, and then dug a well – “khivak”, whose name is supposedly named the city. Throughout its centuries-old history, Khiva repeatedly experiences periods of decline and recovery, until it reaches the culmination of development in the 19th century. Ichan-kala is an “inner city” (26 hectares), which is formed around the citadel. It is surrounded by powerful fortress walls (height -10 m, length – 2200 m), which are an example of medieval fortifications. Within the walls of Ichan-kala, almost all architectural objects of the exhibition are made, which constitute the historically formed image of the city of the XVII-XIX centuries.
During its centuries-old history (2500 years), Bukhara has repeatedly won, collapsed, lost its international significance as the center of spiritual culture in the East. But each time Bukhoro-i-Sharif (the “noble Bukhara”) was restored again, its economy, science and art were reborn, new buildings were built. After the domination of the Tajik Samanid dynasty (IX-XIV), Bukhara probably reaches its peak from the second half of the 16th century. By the 16th century the city was the capital of the independent Bukhara khanate, and by the middle of the 18th century it was the capital of the emirate. The central part of the “old” city is an integral architectural ensemble. In Bukhara and its environs there are more than 500 architectural monuments of different times and epochs.
Yurt camp in the desert
To the northeast of Bukhara are three mountain ranges: Karatau, Aktau Nuratau. In the north-western tip of Aktau city Nurata ridge located from which further way lies in the Kyzylkum desert. In the wide expanses of it, a light blue spill of Lake Aidarkul soon appears. His fate is interesting. For a long time it lay all alone in the midst of solonchak lowlands. The water was quite salty, as evidenced by its name – Tuzkan (UZB Ace -. G). Lifeless were the shores of this doomed to a slow drying of the lake. However, in the spring of 1969 as a result of unusually high floods on the Syrdarya River water it flooded into Arnasay spill and headed west into the depths of sand filled the vast salt-marsh depression Aydar and united with the waters of the lake Tuzkan, turned it into a part of a huge body of water stretching for The southern outskirts of the Kyzylkum desert for almost 200 km. The waters of the Syr Darya breathed new life into a dying lake. Its surface is increased many times, water has become fresher, turned green shore, there are many fish and waterfowl. On the winding banks of new reservoirs, many shallow shallows and shallow lagoons. Among the bluish expanse seen small golden island – a large sand dunes were surrounded by water. Their shores were covered with sedge, a lot of birds settled on them. On some islets you can see colonies of large white birds – pelicans. The ponds are rich in fish. Here there are carp, asp, pike perch, pike. Lake Aydarkul is an oasis in the desert, a wonderful blue expanse, lying in the golden frame of the sands.
– One of the oldest cities in the world (2750 years) – “Eden of the East”, as chroniclers and poets of antiquity called it, is located on the territory of the Zeravshan river basin (“bearing gold”). The ancestor of the present Samarkand is the huge ancient settlement Afrasiab. Here in the middle of the 1st millennium BC. There was a fortified city, destroyed in the IV century BC. Troops of Alexander the Great. In the 8th century, the restored city was again destroyed by the forces of the Arab Caliphate, but again revived to life. After the invasion of Genghis Khan hordes in the 13th century, Afrasiab ceased to exist and the inhabitants moved to the south-west of it, to the territory of present-day Samarkand. The heyday of the medieval city is connected with the reign of Amir Timur (Tamerlane – 1370-1405), who chose Samarkand as the capital of his huge empire, which included Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, part of India, the whole territory of present-day Central Asia, and also were in the vassal Dependencies Egypt, Syria, Turkey, the Golden Horde, Mogulistan (the territory of present-day Kyrgyzstan). In the 16th century and throughout the following centuries, Samarkand experienced a period of feudal disintegration. In 1868, the city was occupied by Russian colonial troops and entered the newly created Zeravshan District of the Turkestan Governor General. During this period, houses of European style are built here, parks, squares and boulevards are broken. Now Samarkand is the second largest city in the country with a population of more than 500,000 people.